Having a busy day with work and errands and meetings? You aren’t alone my Friend!
Today I have 3 quick dinner solutions for you to use on those busy weeknights when you’re tempted to grab a less-than-healthy dinner! These dinners are both tasty and fitness friendly, so you can stay on track with your results.
Go-To Quick Dinner #1: Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the mustard, garlic, marjoram and honey together and evenly spread the mixture over each chicken thigh. Place the chicken in a glass casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with some greens 🙂
Go-To Quick Dinner #2: Leftovers Frittata
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chopped and cooked meat and/or veggies (use leftovers!)
- Olive oil spray
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, thyme, and meat and/or veggies.
- Place an 8-inch non-stick pan over medium heat until hot and coat with the olive oil spray. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are set. Place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the top is golden. Cut into wedges and serve with a side salad.
Go-To Quick Dinner #3: Pan Fried Salmon
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towels and season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil in a large Pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Reduce the heat to medium-low and press the salmon fillets in the pan, skin down. Press down firmly for 10 seconds on each fillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until it lifts easily out of the pan without sticking. Flip and sear the other side for 20 seconds. Serve with greens 🙂
I hope you enjoy these quick and healthy dinner recipes that are designed to keep you on track and eating healthy even on the busiest of days!